Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chapter 6

I saw this bug in the Sugarlabs bug tracker that is 2 years old:
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/405

The problem described here is that there is not sufficient visual indication that the Keep button is pressed which causes the user to try pressing it multiple times. A documented suggestion for fixing the bug is the addition of a brief hourglass. This bug has changed in status from 'bug' to 'enhancement' and was supposed to be fixed in the 0.86 release. It still hasn't been fixed; this could be the case because developers don't see the enhancement as necessary.

I signed up on the bug tracker so I am now able to comment on the bugs. Whenever someone provides a comment, it is not instantly visible on the bug tracker; instead, the comment is forwarded to someone for review and acceptance. I reproduced a bug, confirmed that the bug shows itself and commented on it on the bug tracker. It did get approved to show and I did get a response.
This is the bug: http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1997
There is a patch that someone wrote for it, but the Read maintainer hasn't added it to the repository. The patch needs reviewing; perhaps this is something my team can help with?

As for the other bugs, I haven't been able to find any more yet that I feel I can triage. I tried to reproduce this bug as well but was unable to: http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2569
I downloaded the xvkbd virtual keyboard and used it in sugar, but it didn't remain open when I clicked on the 'x.'

No comments:

Post a Comment